Biological conversion of biomass to methane. Quarterly progress report, June 1--September 30, 1977 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1977.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 29 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- During the past quarter, work has continued on the use of beef feed lot manure for the production of methane. Additional data were collected on the operation of the fermentors at thermophilic temperatures. Data were also collected at the mesophilic temperature. A considerable effort has been expended on characterizing the reactor effluent and evaluating the dewatering characteristics of the reactor slurry. Evaluation of the type of reactor on methane yields have continued. Data were collected on these systems operating at a total retention time of 10 days. Response of the system and reaction rates were determined.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Pfeffer, J T.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13820122