Octet Baryon Electromagnetic Form Factors in a Relativistic Quark Model [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Science, 2011. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 054,014 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility (U.S.), United States. Department of Energy. Office of Science, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- We study the octet baryon electromagnetic properties by applying the covariant spectator quark model, and provide covariant parametrization that can be used to study baryon electromagnetic reactions. While we use the lattice QCD data in the large pion mass regime (small pion cloud effects) to determine the parameters of the model in the valence quark sector, we use the nucleon physical and octet baryon magnetic moment data to parameterize the pion cloud contributions. The valence quark contributions for the octet baryon electromagnetic form factors are estimated by extrapolating the lattice parametrization in the large pion mass regime to the physical regime. As for the pion cloud contributions, we parameterize them in a covariant, phenomenological manner, combined with SU(3) symmetry. We also discuss the impact of the pion cloud effects on the octet baryon electromagnetic form factors and their radii.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 09/01/2011., "jlab-thy-11-1468", " doe/or/23177-2079", " arxiv:1107.1791", Physical Review. D, Particles, Fields, Gravitation and Cosmology 84 5 ISSN 1550-7998, and Gilberto Ramalho, Kazuo Tsushima.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13821017