Scaling the Incompressible Richtmyer-Meshkov Instability [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- PDF-file: 6 pages; size: 1.4 Mbytes
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- We derive a scaling relation for Richtmyer-Meshkov instability of incompressible fluids. The relation is tested using both numerical simulations and experimental data. We obtain collapse of growth rates for a wide range of initial conditions by using vorticity and velocity scales associated with the interfacial perturbations and the acceleration impulse. A curve fit to the collapsed growth rates yields a fairly universal model for the mixing layer thickness versus time.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:ucrl-jrnl-227180
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Physics of Fluids, vol. 19, N/A, July 11, 2007, pp. 078105 19 FT
Cook, A; Cotrell, D.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13821275