Role of the U(1) ghost beyond leading order in a large-Nc expansion [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 2008.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 115,006 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility (U.S.)
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The 1/Nc expansion is one of the very few methods we have for generating a systematic expansion of QCD at the energy scale relevant to hadron structure. The present formulation of this theory relies on 't Hooft's double-line notation for calculating the leading order of a diagram in the 1/Nc expansion, where the local SU(Nc) gauge symmetry is substituted by a U(Nc) symmetry and the associated U(1) ghost field is ignored. In the current work we demonstrate the insufficiency of this formulation for describing certain non-planar diagrams. We derive a more complete set of Feynman rules that include the U(1) ghost field and provide a useful tool for calculating both color factors and 1/Nc orders of given color-singlet diagrams.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Journal of Physics G 35 11 FT
Hrayr Matevosyan; Anthony Thomas.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13821349