Quantum crooks fluctuation theorem and quantum Jarzynski equality in the presence of a reservoir [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2008. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- We consider the quantum mechanical generalization of Crooks Fluctuation and Jarzynski Equality Theorem for an open quantum system. The explicit expression for microscopic work for an arbitrary prescribed protocol is obtained, and the relation between quantum Crooks Fluctuation Theorem, quantum Jarzynski Equality and their classical counterparts are clarified. Numerical simulations based on a two-level toy model are used to demonstrate the validity of the quantum version of the two theorems beyond linear response theory regime.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/2008., "la-ur-08-08069", " la-ur-08-8069", Physical Review E FT, and Quan, H T; Dong, H.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13821544