Multi-hadron systems in lattice QCD [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Science, 2009. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 008 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility (U.S.), United States. Department of Energy. Office of Science, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Lattice QCD is currently entering the stage when it can usefully be applied to systems of multiple hadrons. I briefly review the status of recent calculations of scattering parameters in the two hadron sector and discuss recent calculations of systems composed of many mesons or baryons. In the mesonic case, the NPLQCD collaboration has continued its study of systems of up to twelve pions or kaons and have computed the effect of such a hadronic medium on the static quark potential. High statistics calculations on anisotropic lattices have allowed for precision extraction of the energies and scattering phase shifts of various two baryon systems and, for the first time, the energies of certain three baryon systems have been computed.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 07/01/2009., "jlab-thy-09-1129", " doe/or/23177-1351", Proceedings of Science LAT2009, Lattice 2009, July 26-31, 2009, Beijing, China., and Will Detmold.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13821849