Upper limit on the primary photon fraction from the Pierre Auger Observatory [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2005. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 4 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Based on observations of the depth of shower maximum performed with the hybrid detector of the Auger Observatory, an upper limit on the cosmic-ray photon fraction of 26% (at 95% confidence level) is derived for primary energies above 10¹⁹ eV. Additional observables recorded with the surface detector array, available for a sub-set of the data sample, support the conclusion that a photon origin of the observed events is not favoured.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 07/01/2005., "fermilab-conf-05-274-e-td", "arXiv eprint number astro-ph/0507402", Presented at 29th International Cosmic Ray Conference (ICRC 2005), Pune, India, 3-11 Aug 2005., and Risse, Markus.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13822410