CALE EOS form 2 fits for high pressure fused silica Hugoniot data [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2005.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- PDF-file: 15 pages; size: 0 Kbytes
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The Hugoniot data on fused silica that are displayed on page 321 of the well-known volume ''LASL Shock Hugoniot Data, Stanley P. Marsh, Editor'' are fit to the EOS form 2 such as is used in CALE and other hydrocodes. Two fits are given: one to represent that data set over its full range (up to 84 GPa (840 kbar)) as well as a better fit for the pressure range below about 33 GPa (330 kbar). These EOSs have the strong point of being relatively simple for the user to implement and should be used to roughly represent the beyond-elastic response of fused silica in hydrocode simulations. They will not correctly reproduce the complex multiple-wave ramp-shock structure known to exist in fused silica at lower pressures.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Hare, D E; Managan, R A.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13822891