Compton Scattering Cross Section on the Proton at High Momentum Transfer [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 2007.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 152,001 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility (U.S.), United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Cross-section values for Compton scattering on the proton were measured at 25 kinematic settings over the range s = 5-11 and -t = 2-7 GeV2 with statistical accuracy of a few percent. The scaling power for the s-dependence of the cross section at fixed center of mass angle was found to be 8.0 +/- 0.2, strongly inconsistent with the prediction of perturbative QCD. The observed cross section values are in fair agreement with the calculations using the handbag mechanism, in which the external photons couple to a single quark.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:jlab-phy-07-613
E 1.99: doe/er/40150-4216
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Physical Review Letters 98 FT
M.K. Jones; D.J. Hamilton; J.-O. Hansen; D. Hayes; J.-P. Chen; C.C. Chang; S. Tajima; K. Kramer; X. Jiang; J. Gomez; R. Gilman; C. Howell; H. Gao; C.F. Perdrisat; K. Wang; K.A. Aniol; L. Zhu; T.-H. Chang; H. Xiang; X. Zheng; K. McCormick; R. Michaels; A.M. Nathan; C. Glashausser; V.H. Mamyan; L.B. Weinstein; D.J. Margaziotis; C.W. de Jager; B.E. Norum; P. Degtyarenko; V.A. Punjabi; P.Y. Bertin; D. Dutta; P. Stoler; P. Bosted; A. Glamazdin; E. Piasetzky; C.E. Hyde-Wright; R.A. Lindgren; Z.-E. Meziani; J.R. Calarco; R. Pomatsalyuk; A. Saha; D.M. Nikolenko; I. Rachek; B. Wojtsekhowski; V. Nelyubin; S. Nanda; L. Bimbot; M. Khandaker; P. Markowitz; F. Garibaldi; A. Radyushkin; B. Vlahovic; S. Sirca; L. Pentchev; R. Roche; G. Kumbartzki; Y. Shestakov; W. Hinton; F. Sabatie; A. Deur; E. Chudakov; J. LeRose; L. Todor; B. Reitz; D.W. Higinbotham; A. Ketikyan; K. Egiyan; O. Gayou; Seonho Choi; H. Voskanyan; J.R.M. Annand; G. Laveissiere; K. Slifer; A. Camsonne; P. Moussiegt; P. Solvignon; V. Sulkosky; M. Roedelbronn; A. Shahinyan; K. Paschke; A. Danagoulian; N. Savvinov; T. Horn; V. Koubarovski; G. Ron; T. Hunyady.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13823096