Numerical likelihood analysis of cosmic ray anisotropies [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2003. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 102 Kilobytes pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A numerical likelihood approach to the determination of cosmic ray anisotropies is presented which offers many advantages over other approaches. It allows a wide range of statistically meaningful hypotheses to be compared even when full sky coverage is unavailable, can be readily extended in order to include measurement errors, and makes maximum unbiased use of all available information.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 07/02/2003., "fermilab-conf-03/185-a", 28th International Cosmic Ray Conferences (ICRC 2003), Tsukuba (JP), 07/31/2003--08/07/2003., and Carlos Hojvat.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13823215