Report of the 1997 National Conference of Black Physics Students [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 2000.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 1 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The 1997 National Conference of Black Physics Students (NCBPS) was hosted by the Department of Physics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology. The meeting occurred in February 1997. The focus of the Conference was on the diversity of research and career options available with a background in physics. The number of Black graduate and undergraduate students attending 1997 NCBPS was 210. The majority of the undergraduate students were from Historically Black Colleges and Universities. The largest contingency of Black graduate students was from Hampton University. The program included student research presentations, symposia by MIT faculty and Black physicists. This is a report of the participants in the conference and the topics covered. Also, tours of specific sites are mentioned.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:755406
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
1997 National Conference of Black Physics Students, Cambridge, MA (US), 02/26/1997.
Dr. Cynthia R. McIntyre.
George Mason Univ., Fairfax, VA (US)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13824256