A COMPREHENSIVE NEW DETECTOR FOR DETAILED STUDY OF THE QGP, INITIAL CONDITION AND SPIN PHYSICS AT RHIC II [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 2004.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 13 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- A case is presented for compelling physics at a high luminosity RHIC II collider. A comprehensive new detector system is introduced to address this physics. The experimental focus is on detailed jet tomography of the quark gluon plasma (QGP); measuring gluon saturation in the nucleus, investigating the color glass condensate, measuring effects of the QCD vacuum on particle masses, determining the structure and dynamics within the proton and possible new phenomena. The physics and detector capabilities are introduced.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
PROCEEDINGS OF THE WORKSHOP 20TH WINTER WORKSHOP ON NUCLEAR DYNAMICS; TRELAWNY BEACH, JAMAICA; 20040315 through 20040320.
HARRIS, J.W.; SURROW, B.; STEINBERG, P.; SMIRNOV, N.; BELLWIED, R.; ULLRICH, T.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13824341