Search for Color Transparency in a (E, E-Prime P) at High Momentum Transfer [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2004.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 14 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Rates for A(ε, ε′p) on the nuclei ²H, C, Fe, and Au have been measured at momentum transfers Q² = 1, 3, 5, and 6.8 (GeV/c)². They extract the nuclear transparency T, a measure of the importance of final state interactions (FSI) between the outgoing proton and the recoil nucleus. Some calculations based on perturbative QCD predict an increase in T with momentum transfer, a phenomenon known as Color Transparency. No statistically significant rise is seen in the present experiment.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13824397