The Higgs Mechanism in Non-commutative Gauge Theories [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 2001.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- vp : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- This paper investigates the non-commutative version of the Abelian Higgs model at the one loop level. We find that the BRST invariance of the theory is maintained at this order in perturbation theory, rendering the theory one-loop renormalizable. Upon removing the gauge field from the theory we also obtain a consistent continuum renormalization of the broken O(2) linear sigma model, contradicting results found in the literature. The beta functions for the various couplings of the gauged U(1) theory are presented, as are the divergent contributions to every one particle irreducible (1PI) function. We find that all physical couplings and masses are gauge independent. A brief discussion concerning the symmetries P, C, and T in this theory is also given.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Petriello, Frank J.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13824610