Properties of strange-matter stars [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1994.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 4 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This paper deals with an investigation of the properties of hypothetical strange-matter stars, which are composed of u, d, s quark matter whose energy per baryon number lies below the one of ⁵⁶Fe (Witten`s strange matter hypothesis). Observable quantities which allow to distinguish such objects from their ``conventional`` counterparts, neutron stars and white dwarfs, are pointed out.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:lbl--35929
E 1.99: conf-9407143--1
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
International conference nuclei in the cosmos,Gran Sasso (Italy),8-13 Jul 1994.
Weber, F.; Glendenning, N.K.; Kettner, Ch.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13825690