Baryogenesis and standard model CP violation [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1994.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 5 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The standard model possesses a natural source of CP violation contained in the phase of the CKM matrix. Whether the latter participated to the making of the matter-antimatter asymmetry of the observable universe is a fundamental question which has been addressed only recently. The generation of a CP observable occurs through interference of quantum paths along which a sequence of flavor mixings and chirality flips take place. The coherence of this phenomenon in the primeval plasma is limited by the fast quark-gluon interactions. At the electroweak era, this phenomenon of decoherence forbids a successful baryogenesis based on the sole CP violation of the CKM matrix.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
8. meeting Division of Particles and Fields of the American Physical Society,Albuquerque, NM (United States),2-6 Aug 1994.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13825979