Multidimensional solitons in fiber arrays [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1993. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 13 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- We demonstrate that nonlinear optical fiber arrays can support stable soliton-like pulses with finite energy. The bound state that we have found is localized both in time and in a spatial domain in the direction perpendicular to the pulse propagation. We have proved the boundedness of the Hamiltonian function for the array. Finally, numerical studies support our analytical conclusions.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 08/16/1993., "ucrl-jc--114989", " conf-931057--1", "DE93019923", Annual meeting of the Optical Society of America,Toronto (Canada),3-8 Oct 1993., and Rubenchik, A.M.; Turitsyn, S.K.; Aceves, A.B.; De Angelis, C.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13826083