Capillary surfaces in a wedge [electronic resource] : Differing contact angles
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1993. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (12 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, United States. National Aeronautics and Space Administration, National Science Foundation (U.S.), and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The possible zero-gravity equilibrium configurations of capillary surfaces u(x,y) in cylindrical containers whose sections are (wedge) domains with corners are investigated mathematically, for the case in which the contact angles on the two sides of the wedge may differ. In such a situation the behavior can depart in significant qualitative ways from that for which the contact angles on the two sides are the same. Conditions are described under which such qualitative changes must occur. Numerically computed surfaces are depicted to indicate the behavior.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 04/01/1993., "lbl-33995", " conf-9305197--1", "DE93013903", ": NAG3-1143", "DMS89-02831", International symposium on microgravity science and application, Beijing (China), 10-13 May 1993., and Finn, R. . Dept. of Mathematics; Concus, P. California Univ., Berkeley,.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13826150