Cosmological stability of quantum compactification [electronic resource].
- Batavia, Ill. : Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, 1987.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 8 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- We discuss the cosmological stability of higher dimensional models that feature internal manifolds given by the product of two spheres. In particular, we consider the case when the total number of dimensions is even. After we obtain the vacuum energy coming from one-loop fluctuations of scalars and spin-1/2 fermions, we show how a realistic cosmological scenario can arise by balancing the quantum energy with monopole-like contributions. 10 refs., 1 fig.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:fnal/c-87/32-a
E 1.99: conf-861264-5
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Texas symposium, Chicago, IL, USA, 14 Dec 1986.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13826300