Measurement and theory of turbulence in RR Lyrae [electronic resource].
- Los Alamos, N.M. : Los Alamos National Laboratory, 1985.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 22 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- CORAVEL observations of time-dependent turbulence in RR Lyrae are presented. Variation in the width of the mean velocity correlation function implies turbulent velocities that peak at 10 to 15 km/sec for a brief interval of phase near minimum radius. Comparison with a nonlinear pulsation model shows that these amplitudes of the turbulent velocity are expected near the hydrogen ionization zone, again only near minimum radius.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
American Astrophysical Society meeting, Tucson, AZ, USA, 13 Jan 1985.
Benz, W.; Stellingwerf, R.F.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13826509