Imaging through a multiple scattering medium [electronic resource].
- Los Alamos, N.M. : Los Alamos National Laboratory, 1984.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 5 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The existing theory of imaging through an aerosol medium, based on the small-angle approximation to radiative transfer, is extended to the general case of multiple scattering with an arbitrary degree of anisotropy. By applying the discrete-ordinates, finite-element radiation transport code TWOTRAN, we compute the modulation transfer function for a medium characterized by optical depth, single scattering albedo, and a symmetry parameter. An extended version of this investigation will appear in a 1984 issue of Applied Optics.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:la-ur-84-3057
E 1.99: conf-8406152-2
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
CRDC scientific conference on obscuration and aerosol research, Baltimore, MD, USA, 25 Jun 1984.
Zardecki, A.; Gerstl, S.A.W.; Embury, J.F.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13826603