Miniature high current metal ion source [electronic resource].
- Berkeley, Calif. : Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, 1986.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 12 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- A small, simple ion source for the production of high brightness beams of metal ions is described. A metal vapor vacuum arc discharge is used to establish the high density plasma from which the ion beam is extracted. The source is finger-sized, and can produce pulsed metal ion beams with current up to the 10 ma range. 9 refs., 6 figs.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Wright, R.T.; Galvin, J.E.; Brown, I.G.; MacGill, R.A.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13826951