Real time quantum dynamics in the Heisenberg picture [electronic resource].
- Los Alamos, N.M. : Los Alamos National Laboratory, 1986. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 15 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- In order to understand dynamics in the Heisenberg picture, a study is made of ordinary single particle quantum mechanics where the methods used can be compared with solving the Schroedinger equation numerically. The methods are generalized to field theory. Both analytic and numerical strategies are developed for solving the Heisenberg equations on a time lattice. The time development of an initial gaussian wave function is considered in various potentials in order to study both quantum tunnelling phenomena and the quantum roll. 9 refs., 1 fig. (LEW)
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1986., "la-ur-86-1238", " conf-860288-2", "DE86010177", 4. symposium on current trends in physics, Bhubaneswar, India, 24 Feb 1986., and Cooper, F.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13826992