The degeneracy of the free Dirac equation [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1991.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (11 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- General Atomic Company, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Parity-mixed solutions of the free Dirac equation with the same 4-momentum are considered. The first-order EM energy has an electric dipole moment term whose value depends on the mixing angle. Further implications of this degeneracy to perturbative calculations are discussed. It is argued that the properties of the Dirac equation with the Coulomb potential can be used to decide the mixing angle, which should be zero.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:sscl-498
E 1.99: um-p--91/49
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Wu, D.D. . School of Physics Institute o; Gupta, V. . School of Physics Tata Inst.; McKellar, B.H.J. . School of Physics.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13827132