From knots to quantum groups (and back) [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 1990.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (25 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Argonne National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research
National Science Foundation (U.S.)
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- This paper traces how the Jones polynomial leads naturally to the notion of quantum group, and how quantum groups give rise to invariants of links via solutions to the Yang-Baxter equation. Section 5, is an original treatment of the construction of the universal R-matrix. All the other material has, or will appear elsewhere in similar form.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Informal spring workshop on quantum groups, Argonne, IL (USA), 26 Apr - 11 May 1990.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13827407