Ultrahigh-energy particle flux from cosmic strings [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 1990.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (13 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research, United States. National Aeronautics and Space Administration, National Science Foundation (U.S.), and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- We estimate the expected flux of ultrahigh-energy (> 10¹⁸eV) protons in the present epoch due to a process which involves collapse or multiple self-intersections of a special class of closed cosmic string loops in the universe. We compare this flux with the observed flux of ultrahigh-energy cosmic rays, and discuss the implications. 19 refs., 1 fig.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:fermilab-pub-90/69-a
- Published through SciTech Connect.
": NSF 87-15412"
Bhattacharjee, P. . Enrico Fermi Inst. F.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13827408