Results from a water-Cerenkov array [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1993. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (5 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, National Science Foundation (U.S.), National Academy of Sciences (U.S.), and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Five surface water-Cerenkov detectors (pools), running in coincidence with the CYGNUS extensive air shower array, are described. Preliminary results on the timing response and the estimated angular resolution of the pools are presented. Based on comparisons between the pools and the scintillator array, the angular resolution of the pools is estimated to be [approximately]0.5[degree], consistent with Monte Carlo predictions. Pool trigger rates and photoelectron (pe) lateral distributions are also presented.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1993., "la-ur-93-1610", " conf-930779--4", "DE93012715", International cosmic-ray conference, Calgary (Canada), 19-20 Jul 1993., Dion, C.L., and NAS/NAE
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13827538