Evaporative cooling of highly charged ions in EBIT (Electron Beam Ion Trap) [electronic resource] : An experimental realization
- Livermore, Calif : Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, 1988. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 9 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Both the total number and trapping lifetime of near-neon-like gold ions held in an electron beam ion trap have been greatly increased by a process of 'evaporative cooling'. A continuous flow of low-charge-state ions into the trap cools the high-charge-state ions in the trap. Preliminary experimental results using titanium ions as a coolant are presented. 8 refs., 6 figs., 2 tabs.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 12/01/1988., "ucrl-100055", " conf-881154-1", "DE89004776", International symposium on electron beam ion sources and their applications, Upton, NY, USA, 14 Nov 1988., and Schneider, M.B.; Bennett, C.L.; Henderson, J.R.; Levine, M.A.; Marrs, R.E.; Knapp, D.A.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13827669