Design of a 9 T 5 cm bore dipole [electronic resource].
- Berkeley, Calif. : Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, 1988.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 4 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- A conceptual design is presented for an accelerator dipole magnet intended for a collider application with central field of 9T and a coil bore diameter of 5 cm. Emphasis is on identifying a superconducting cable and a coil design that requires little development and which will result in a reasonable operating ''margin.'' Conventional NbTi superconducting cable is used, operating at 2 K to increase the critical current density. The cable and strand proposed are similar to designs now being manufactured for the SSC and the Tevatron. 4 refs., 9 figs., 1 tab.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
DPF summer study: Snowmass '88 on high energy physics in the 1990s, Snowmass, CO, USA, 27 Jun 1988.
Taylor, C.E.; Caspi, S.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13827696