Modeling the cooldown of force-cooled coils [electronic resource].
- Berkeley, Calif. : Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, 1981.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 8 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- This paper describes a finite difference computer program which simulates the cooldown of force-cooled superconducting coils. The basic theory is discussed and the method of calculation used in the program is described. Some of the problems associated with computer modeling of a cooldown are discussed. The program capability is demonstrated on a three-dimensional model which represents the 1000 kg cryogenic model of the Euratom LCT coil. From computer simulation using the program described here, a method for cooling down large forced cooled superconducting coils can be developed.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
7. international conference on magnet technology, Karlsrube, F.R. Germany, 30 Mar 1981.
Green, M.A.; Krafft, G.; Mitina, S.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13827718