Properties of the DKP (Duffin-Kemmer-Petiau) equation [electronic resource].
- Los Alamos, N.M. : Los Alamos National Laboratory, 1988.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 9 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- After recalling the development of relativistic quantum mechanics, I elucidating the properties of the Duffin-Kemmer-Petiau first-order wave equation for spin-0 and -1 mesons. The DKP equation is formally compared to the Dirac equation, and physically compared to the Klein-Gordon second-order equation for mesons. I point out where the DKP and KG equations predict the same results, and where their predictions are different. I conclude with an example of where these differences might interest people studying quark models of nuclei. 9 refs.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Relativistic nuclear many-body physics conference, Columbus, OH, USA, 6 Jun 1988.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13827767