Some numerical approaches to solving one-dimensional inverse problems [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1980.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 28 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- A class of one-dimensional inverse scattering problems are studied with the goal of reconstructing (say) propagation speed to moderate accuracy as inexpensively as possible. Three alternatives are discussed; all starting from a change to the travel-time variable and converting the problem to integral equation form. The approaches are compared as to their economy of use and the problems for which they are effective. Several numerical examples illustrate these comparisons.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Denver Univ., CO (USA). Dept. of Mathematics
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13827883