Studies of heat transport to forced-flow He II [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Oak Ridge National Laboratory, 1985. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 12 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Analytical and experimental studies of heat transport to forced-flow He II are reported. The work is pertinent to the transfer of He II in space. An analytical model has been developed that establishes a condition for two-phase flow to occur in the transfer line. This condition sets an allowable limit to the heat leak into the transfer line. Experimental measurements of pressure drop and flow meter performances indicate that turbulent He II can be analyzed in terms of classical pressure drop correlations.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1985., "conf-8508209-1", "DE87000375", Conference on helium transfer in space, Boulder, CO, USA, 20 Aug 1985., and Dresner, L.; Van Sciver, S.W.; Kashani, A.
- Funding Information:
- AC02-82ER52077 and AC05-84OR21400
View MARC record | catkey: 13828238