Design of 24. 8-kW, 3. 8 K cryogenic system for ISABELLE [electronic resource].
- Upton, N.Y. : Brookhaven National Laboratory, 1981.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 6 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- ISABELLE will consist of two proton accelerator/storage rings in a common tunnel. There will be 1084 superconducting magnets installed in the 3.8 km circumference tunnel. The protons will be accelerated to an energy of 400 GeV in each ring and stored for 24 hours. The two beams are counter-rotating and intersect at six places around the ring. The particles which emerge from proton interactions at these intersecting points are studied using various types of detectors.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:bnl-30013
E 1.99: conf-810835-20
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
1981 cryogenic engineering conference, San Diego, CA, USA, 10 Aug 1981.
Brown, D.P.; Werner, A.; Schneider, W.J.; Bamberger, J.A.; Fresco, A.; Wu, K.C.; Sondericker, J.H.; Schlafke, A.P.; Afrashteh, M.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13828678