PHYSICS DIVISION SUMMARY REPORT FOR JULY-AUGUST 1960 [electronic resource].
- Argonne, Ill. : Argonne National Laboratory, 1961.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 27 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Argonne National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- In a study of nuclear resonance absorption of gamma rays. calculations were carried out to determine the effect on Zeeman lines of applying a resonant r- f field. Thirty-two gamma rays from Er/sup 161/, produced by (n,2n) and ( gamma .n) reactions. were measured and fitted into a decay scheme. Spin and parity assignments of some levels are indicated. Results from molecular beam studies are presented for Ho/sup 166/ and Ge/sup 71/. In the program for Ar/sup 40/-K/sup 40/ dating of meteorites, a method was developed for pumping down atmospheric cutoffs, Toepler pumps, and other apparatus without carefully matching pumping rates. (For preceding period see ANL6l69. For subsequent period see ANL-62l4.) (W.D.M.)
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13828783