Radiative ion beams [electronic resource] : hot stellar reactions in the laboratory
- Livermore, Calif : Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, 1984. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 17 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Following our initial production of beams of /sup 7/Be and /sup 13/N, we have improved the purity and intensity of these beams. In addition we have generated beams of /sup 15/O (at 30 MeV) and /sup 8/Li (at 22 MeV). These beams are intended for cross section measurements of proton and alpha-particle capture reactions on unstable species that are important in hot stellar environments. We have begun studies aimed toward measuring the /sup 1/H(/sup 7/Be,/sup 8/B)..gamma.. cross section. As part of the developmental work, we attempted to remeasure the /sup 2/H(/sup 7/Be,/sup 8/B)n cross section with a different technique that pointed out the importance of background /sup 8/Li. We measured the /sup 2/H(/sup 7/Li,/sup 8/Li)/sup 1/H cross section to be 155 +- 20 mb at 12.2 +- 1.3 MeV.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 09/01/1984., "ucrl-91600", " conf-841117-9", "DE85001570", 8. conference on the application of accelerators in research and industry, Denton, TX, USA, 12 Nov 1984., and Mathews, G.J.; Bauer, R.W.; Haight, R.C.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13829387