New technique for backscattering analysis [electronic resource].
- Los Alamos, N.M. : Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory, 1979. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 12 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A new technique for analyzing Rutherford backscattering spectra is suggested. By determining the ratio of the range of a particle of energy E, to that of a particle whose energy is a fraction of E, two basic integral equations are converted into a pair of linear equations that are easy to solve and manipulate. The applicability of this formalism is demonstrated by using it to measure the stopping power of gold for alpha particles with energies 1.2, 2.2, 3.7, 5.2, and 7.1 MeV. 4 references.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1979., "la-ur-79-1435", " conf-790671-1", 4. international conference on ion beam analysis, Aarhus, Denmark, 25 Jun 1979., and Doyle, B.L.; Keaton, P.W.; Maggiore, C.J.; Peercy, P.S.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13829394