Incorporating truck analysis into the Highway capacity manual / Richard Dowling, Kittelson and Associates, Inc. [and four others].
- Dowling, Richard G. (Richard Gerhard)
- Washington, D.C. : Transportation Research Board, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 145 pages : illustrations ; 28 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- National Research Council (U.S.). Transportation Research Board, National Cooperative Freight Research Program, and United States. Department of Transportation. Office of the Assistant Secretary for Research and Technology
- NCFRP report, 1947-5659 ; 31
- section 1. Introduction -- section 2. State of public agency practice -- section 3. Truck carrier and shipper perspectives -- section 4. Literature review -- section 5. Recommended HCM truck classification scheme -- section 6. Truck level-of-service framework -- section 7. Truck level-of-service case studies -- section 8. Prediction of freeway truck speeds -- section 9. Prediction of arterial truck speeds -- section 10. Predicting the effect of trucks on capacity -- section 11. Conclusions and recommendations -- References -- Appendixes A-F.
- "TRB's National Cooperative Freight Research Program (NCFRP) Report 31: Incorporating Truck Analysis into the Highway Capacity Manual presents capacity and level-of-service techniques to improve transportation agencies' abilities to plan, design, manage, and operate streets and highways to serve trucks. The techniques also assist agencies' ability to evaluate the effects of trucks on other modes of transportation. These techniques are being incorporated into the Highway Capacity Manual, but will be useful to planners and designers working on projects with significant truck traffic."--Publisher description.
- 9780309284318 and 0309284317
- At head of title: National Cooperative Freight Research Program. and Appendices A-F available online at http://www.trb.org by searching for NCFRP Project 41.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 140-144).
- Other Forms:
- Also available online.
- Funding Information:
- Research sponsored by the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Research and Technology NCFRP-41
View MARC record | catkey: 13831254