A COMPUTATIONAL WORKBENCH ENVIRONMENT FOR VIRTUAL POWER PLANT SIMULATION [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2003.
- Physical Description:
- 38 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- This is the eighth Quarterly Technical Report for DOE Cooperative Agreement No: DE-FC26-00NT41047. The goal of the project is to develop and demonstrate a computational workbench for simulating the performance of Vision 21 Power Plant Systems. Within the last quarter, good progress has been made on all aspects of the project. Calculations for a full Vision 21 plant configuration have been performed for two coal types and two gasifier types. Good agreement with DOE computed values has been obtained for the Vision 21 configuration under ''baseline'' conditions. Additional model verification has been performed for the flowing slag model that has been implemented into the CFD based gasifier model. Comparisons for the slag, wall and syngas conditions predicted by our model versus values from predictive models that have been published by other researchers show good agreement. The software infrastructure of the Vision 21 workbench has been modified to use a recently released, upgraded version of SCIRun.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Adel Sarofim; Mike Bockelie; Dave Swensen; Martin Denison; Connie Senior; Bene Risio; Temi Linjewile; Zumao Chen.
Reaction Engineering International (US)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13832105