Economic Analysis for Conceptual Design of Oxygen-Based PC Boiler [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2005.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The objective of the economic analysis is to prepare a budgetary estimate of capital and operating costs of the O₂-fired PC power plant as well as for the equivalent conventional PC-fired power plant. Capital and operating costs of conventional steam generation, steam heating, and power generation equipment are estimated based on Foster Wheeler's extensive experience and database. Capital and operating costs of equipment, such as oxygen separation and CO₂ liquefaction, are based on vendor supplied data and FW process plant experience. The levelized cost of electricity is determined for both the air-fired and O₂-fired power plants as well as the CO₂ mitigation cost. An economic comparison between the O₂-fired PC and other alternate technologies is presented.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:861884
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Foster Wheeler Power Group, Inc.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13833292