Coal Conversion Wastewater Treatment by Catalytic Oxidation in Supercritical Water [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1997. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 13 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Federal Energy Technology Center (U.S.), United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- In previous reports, we showed that CARULITE 150 from Carus Chemical Company was so effective with oxidation of phenol in supercritical water (SCW) that the results we obtained were likely influenced by internal mass-transfer resistance. We also reported that oxidation of phenol over MnO₂ powder in SCW improved the conversions of both phenol and total organic carbon (TOC) relative to non-catalytic oxidation while the catalytic oxidation kinetics was free from mass-transfer limitation. In this report we continued the investigation of oxidation over the MnO₂ powder in SCW.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 08/25/1997., "de--fg22-95pc95213--07", and Savage, P.E.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Semiannual; 01/01/1997 - 06/30/1997
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13833439