Development of an advanced continuous mild gasification process for the production of coproducts. Task 4, Mild gasification tests [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1990.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 83 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Western Research Institute (WRI) teamed with the AMAX Research and Development Center and Riley Stoker Corporation on Development of an Advanced, Continuous Mild-Gasification Process for the Production of Coproducts under contract DE-AC21-87MC24268 with the Morgantown Energy Technology of the US Department of Energy. The strategy for this project is to produce electrode binder pitch and diesel fuel blending stock by mild gasification of Wyodak coal. The char is upgraded to produce anode-grade carbon, carbon black, and activated carbon. This report describes results of mild-gasification tests conducted by WRI. Char upgrading tests conducted by AMAX will be described in a separate report.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Cha, C.Y.; Merriam, N.W.; Kang, T.W.; Vaillancourt, M.B.
Western Research Inst., Laramie, WY (United States)
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Topical; 12/01/1990 - 12/01/1990
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13833857