Fischer Tropsch synthesis in supercritical fluids. Quarterly technical progress report, January 1, 1993--March 31, 1993 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1993. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 21 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Texas A & M University. Department of Chemical Engineering, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Our objective during the second quarter of the project was to complete the procurement of necessary parts for our reactor set-up, complete equipment modification, start safety and shake-down tests and complete preliminary calculations that are needed before starting experimentation. The experimental set-up was completed. Different pieces of equipment such as the reactor, the mass flow controller, steady state low pressure glass trap, etc. were installed in the system. The system was then pressure tested for safety purposes. There were many aspects of the safety tests like the cold pressure tests, the hot pressure tests, the flow through tests, etc. All these tests were successfully completed. various safety devices in the set-up such as relief valves, temperature interlocks, solenoid valves and the emergency shut-down system were also tested successfully.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 07/01/1993., "doe/pc/92545--2", "DE93017717", and Bukur, D.B.; Akgerman, A.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Quarterly; 01/01/1993 - 03/31/1993
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13834618