A rheometer for measuring the material moduli for granular solids. Quarterly progress report, December 1, 1990--Februray 28, 1991 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1996.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 7 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- In this report, we will outline an experimental method for characterizing the material properties of granular solids, like coal particles, and other powders and slurries. The instrument to be used for this purpose consists of two disks rotating with the same angular speed about distinct axes. By measuring the forces and the torque acting on the top and bottom disks and correlating them with the theoretical expressions for the tractions and moment in question. The above described technique draws upon a method devised for measuring the properties of viscoelastic solids and fluids.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Pittsburgh Univ., PA (United States)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13836098