Evaluation, engineering and development of advanced cyclone processes. Quarterly progress report, October 1, 1995--December 31, 1995 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1995.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 7 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The project goal is to develop an advanced coal beneficiation technology that can achieve high recovery of the parent coal`s calorific value, while maximizing pyritic sulfur removal. Coal cleaning is to be accomplished by physical means incorporating an advanced gravimetric process. Evaluation of different media types and their attendant systems for recovery, concentration, and regeneration is to be completed. Phase I, Media Evaluation, now completed, involved a paper study and a number of laboratory tests to eliminate all but the best media options. Phase II, Media Testing, involved detailed testing of the more promising media and separators in a closed-loop pilot facility. In the final phase, Phase III, the optimum medium, separator, and medium recovery system(s) will be tested with commercial-size equipment. Major activities and developments that occurred during this reporting period are reviewed below. Revision of the Component Test Plan continued through this reporting period. Work on the component Test Stand included the following. Mixers were installed in the primary sumps. Solids bearing slurry was introduced to the two main sumps and pumped through the system. Several small leaks were detected and repaired. Corrosion was found on the clean coal pump inlet side and repaired. The control system for the filter was wired. Roofing and heating for the Component Test Stand were installed by CTC personnel. Siding was installed by a local contractor.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:doe/pc/90177--t16
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Coal Technology Corp., Bristol, VA (United States)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13836144