Fischer Tropsch synthesis in supercritical fluids. Quarterly technical progress report, January 1, 1994--March 31, 1994 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1994. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 14 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Texas A & M University. Department of Chemical Engineering, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- We have successfully completed our first Fischer-Tropsch synthesis test with propane as the supercritical fluid. The catalyst activity and hydrocarbon product distribution under the SFT conditions were similar to those obtained during the normal Fischer-Tropsch synthesis, however, the use of supercritical fluid resulted in higher selectivity of the primary products. The use of a new trap with larger inside surface area, improved the collection of liquid products and thus enabling us to achieve better atomic and overall mass balance closures. This has also improved results from on-line GC analysis. However, further improvement are needed to achieve more stable and reproducible gas phase analysis, including the capability of the on-line analysis of the feed gas (mixture of hydrogen, carbon monoxide and propane).
- Published through SciTech Connect., 06/01/1994., "doe/pc/92545--6", "DE94013491", "AA1525050", and Bukur, D.B.; Akgerman, A.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Quarterly; 01/01/1994 - 03/31/1994
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13836894