Rate inhibition of steam gasification by adsorbed hydrogen. Technical progress report, December 1, 1993--February 28, 1994 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1994.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 3 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Michigan State University
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Our efforts over the past three months have emphasized the following: (1) the continued construction and assembly of the gasification reactors and associated hardware; and (2) preparation and characterization of the chars to be used in the gasification studies. The construction of the experimental system is progressing smoothly and should be completed within one month. Modifications to the old high-pressure reactor are now complete, and the Inconel sample holder has been fabricated and assembled. The ceramic tubes which make up the high-temperature, low pressure reactor have been assembled, including cementing of the required quartz frits into place. All components of the reaction systems, including fittings, are now in hand and final assembly of all components is nearing completion. The final design of the system is somewhat more complex than originally proposed, but offers in return greater flexibility of operation, more precise flow control and switching of flows, and greater operator safety. Preparation of the Saran and coal chars to be used in the experimental studies is progressing well. Saran char is prepared by pyrolysis of Dow MA 127 Saran resin in nitrogen at 900°C for 30 min (heatup rate of 10°C/min). We conduct the pyrolysis in a horizontal quartz tube reactor enclosed in a Lindberg tube furnace which is controlled by an Omega 2010 linear temperature controller. The Saran resin is placed in shallow alumina boats.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Quarterly; 01/01/1994 - 03/31/1994
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13836922