Pilot plant test results and demonstration of the Ahlstrom Pyroflow pressurized CFB technology [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1992. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 21 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Ahlstrom Pyropower initiated development of PCFB technology in 1086 after a detailed analysis of competing advanced coal utilization technologies. A 10 MWth pilot plant was started up in 1989 and has produced very promising test results which are highly competitive with coal gasification. This led to a successful application for demonstration of the technology under round III of the DOE Clean Coal Technology Program. The resulting project is Iowa Power`s DMEC-1 PCFB Repowering Project. The project is currently in the preliminary engineering phase with supporting pilot plant testing being performed in parallel. Successful demonstration of PCFB technology will provide utilities with a cost effective option for repowering older power stations to comply with the requirements of the 1990 Clean Air Act Amendment in the near term and a clean and high efficiency new plant option in the longer term. This paper will present recent pilot plant test results and review the major technical features of the DMEC-1 project.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 11/01/1992., "doe/mc/27364--93/c0078", " conf-9209201--3", "DE93002219", Conference on application of fluidized-bed combustion for power generation,Boston, MA (United States),23-25 Sep 1992., Provol, S.J.; Dryden, R.J., Iowa Power, Inc., Des Moines, IA (United States), and Pyropower Corp., San Diego, CA (United States)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13837637