The threshold of the Pacific : an account of the social organization, magic and religion of the people of San Cristoval in the Solomon Islands / by C. E. Fox, LITT.D. With a preface by G. Elliot Smith, F.R.S. With 14 plates, 39 illustrations in the text, and a map
- Fox, C. E. (Charles Elliot), 1878-1977
- London : K. Paul, Trench, Trubner & co., ltd. New York : A. A. Knopf, 1924.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 379 pages : frontispiece (map) illustrations, 14 (i.e. 15) plate ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Smith, Grafton Elliot, 1871-1937 and Drew, Frederic Henry
- History of civilization. [Historical ethnology]
- "Part I of this book is a revised version of parts of Dr. Fox's memoirs on Social organization in San Cristoval, and Beliefs and tales of San Cristoval (the latter, chapters VI to XII of this book, in collaboration with the late F. H. Drew) published in the Journal of the Royal anthropological institute, the former in 1919 (vol. 49), and the latter in 1915 (vol. 45)."--Pref.
View MARC record | catkey: 1383816