Toms Creek integrated gasification combined cycle demonstration project. Quarterly report, July 1--September 30, 1993 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1993. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 9 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The use of an upgraded version of General Electric`s Frame 6 gas turbine, which has been designated as Frame 6 (FA) will make a significant improvement to the thermal efficiency and overall economics of the Toms Creek Project. Replacing the smaller, less efficient Frame 6 (B) gas turbine with the new Frame 6 (FA) will increase the net power production from a nominal 55 MW to 105 MW. The coal feed rate will correspondingly increase from 430 tpd to 740 tpd. All process flows and equipment sizes will be increased accordingly. Selected process parameters for the original and revised Toms Creek IGCC plant configurations are compared in Table 2. There is an approximately 10% increase in net plant efficiency for the revised configuration. Using this increased plant size, the pressure vessels become larger due to an increased through-put, but are still dimensioned for shop fabrication and over-the-road shipment. The preliminary cost estimate for the enlarged demonstration plant was prepared by factoring the estimates for the original plant. Revised quotes for the larger equipment will be solicited and used to generate more accurate cost information for the revised plant.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 11/30/1993., "doe/mc/29444--3651", "DE94004069", "AZ0601010", Feher, G., and Tampella Power Corp., Williamsport, PA (United States)
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Quarterly; 07/01/1993 - 09/30/1993
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 13838987